Staten Island Estate Planning Attorney
Tragic and unanticipated life events can sneak up on you. Perhaps you suddenly realize you need a will and don’t have one. Perhaps a relative is seriously ill, with no provision made for that person’s care. An experienced estate planning attorney can thoroughly discuss estate planning matters with you and help devise a plan that makes sense for you and goes far toward giving you peace of mind.
At the Staten Island, New York, law firm Nappa, Monterosso & Poznansky, LLP, we recognize that death and disability are major facts of life. Our estate planning attorneys can help you create an estate plan that will keep your assets from being unnecessarily eroded by inheritance taxes, probate costs, or nursing home expenses.
Contact Nappa, Monterosso & Poznansky, LLP at (718) 273-9000 for a free consultation.
We are a full-service law firm for your wills, trusts, and all other estate planning needs.
Every estate plan is different, but the following estate planning tools make sense for many clients:
- A last will and testament describing who will receive your estate components
- A durable power of attorney naming someone you trust to manage your property and finances if you are unable to do so yourself
- A health care proxy naming someone to make medical decisions for you if you cannot do so yourself
An estate plan may also include:
- An advance medical directive to tell your loved ones what type of medical care you want in the event you become unable to care for yourself
- A living trust to transfer family assets while sheltering them from estate taxes
- Directions for funeral arrangements
- A plan for gifting family members with assets during your life
- A plan that ensures you qualify for Medicaid should you need it
Upon or before the death of a loved one, you need to put these plans into action. This may involve filing paperwork with the surrogate court, disposing of assets, and distributing money to the beneficiaries. We can assist you with all these matters, as appropriate.
Contact an experienced lawyer at Nappa, Monterosso & Poznansky, LLP at (718) 273-9000 for a free consultation concerning your estate planning needs.